Friday, May 7, 2010

Remember when people smoked in the grocery store or restaurants?

I want to start this by stating that "I am a non-smoker" , and I am sick and tired of hearing all the sheep who don't follow the facts about it and try to impose their morals on society. The anti-smoking agenda is pretty much a joke. I can't believe ANYONE believes this crap. Your POS car is more dangerous to me or my children than some old man puffing a smoke on the corner.
Every smoking stat is based on the 1992 the EPA highly publicized "official" report
(Quote from Appeals Court Ruling Striking Down EPA Report.)
"In this case, EPA publicly committed to a conclusion before research had
begun.... EPA disregarded information and made findings on selective
information; did not disseminate significant epidemiologic information;
deviated from its Risk Assessment Guidelines; failed to disclose important
findings and reasoning; and left significant questions without answers.
EPA's conduct left substantial holes in the administrative record. While
so doing, EPA produced limited evidence, then claimed the weight of
the Agency's research evidence demonstrated ETS causes cancer."

bottom line is myob please and quit just following the lemming in front of you.
(the numbers come out to 49,998/100000 ppl who get lung cancer DON'T smoke. It's obviously not 'good' for you, but it's not the angel of death everyone is lead to believe and it's driving me nuts hearing ppl gripe about other ppl smoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Archived Posts

Willing to relocate for the right job.

My photo
Whatcom County, Pacific NW, United States
I am currently seeking employment in the IT field. You can review my resume in your preferred format at the bottom of this page. I have been working in IT since I took my internship in the beginning of 2007. At the end of my internship, the 'real' Administrator gave his notice. I then had the wonderful experience of becoming the Systems Administrator, and that is when I really got the opportunity to to see 400% growth in the company in under six months! In a mission critical environment, there is a sense of urgency that school just doesn't have. With such a rise there was inevitably a fall, and I was phased out. I believe that as a sole administrator for a multi-site company helped to accelerate my learning,and I am more experienced than my years in IT would indicate.

Check it out for yourself.